Wednesday, November 29, 2006

First 24 hours in Brisbane


Wahoo! Well I made it! I'm here in Brisbane! It was SUPER hot yesterday-- maybe 34 degrees. Hee, hee. That's Celsius. I'll leave it up to you dear reader to figure out how hot that is. Steph picked me up and we went to the South Bank beach.

A couple hours later there was a huge thunderstorm. I fell asleep on the porch for a nap after the storm stopped, and woke up when it started up again. This morning I woke up to bird calls I have never heard before. THIS IS SO AWESOME!!

Steph and I are at the State Library of Queensland right now. It's new and reminds me of the Seattle Public Library's Central Branch-- lots of glass and open space. We're bike riding around town today following the Brisbane River, and the hardest part for me is remembering to ride on the LEFT side of the road. (That's opposite of the way we drive in the States.)

Ok, I'll write again in a couple of days. Until then, check out the pictures by clicking on the link to the right! Cheers!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear ms v, are u having a great day whereever you are?

Tommy and Edwin

Anonymous said...

dear,ms.v Iamveronica areyouhave agreattimethere

Anonymous said...

hey my name is cameron and i read your blog.

Anonymous said...

dear,ms.v are u haveing a great day. from Ricardo

Anonymous said...

dear ms v, are you haveing a good day camron

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Ventura,
I hope you see other cool animals that I've never seen before like a tiger, lion, and leopard.

Sincerely, Rodney and Ellis

Anonymous said...

dear ms.v how did you sleep over there ms.v did you sleep on hay yes/no love veronica

Anonymous said...

dear ms.v where ever u are were writeing a note to you MR.BUCKWALTERE******************************/******

Anonymous said...

hi msv i bet the thunder storm was scary. are you haveing a good time.have you saw any cheetahs or kangaroos did you see any snaks. how hot is it ibet it is 1000 digrez. is it cold at nite is it hot at night.please tell us some more things about it. plese tell me if you saw cheetahs or wolfs senserly maria ramirez by

Anonymous said...

hi my name is yesenia and jewel we went to know how are you today we want to know want to know how the storm start we want to see you again.we love your pictures.